Proactive lone worker monitoring for MOTOTRBO radios
- MOTOTRBO Radios with option board accelerometer
Man Down Notifier (MDN) proactively monitors workers to identify if they have suffered a fall or accident. It does so by dispatching a notification to the appropriate response group when the radio’s option board accelerometer (motion sensor) detects lack of movement, horizontal tilt or both. Its rich functionality, including tilt recalibration, sleep timer and pre-alarm configuration, significantly reduce the number of false alarms while ensuring mobile workers are protected.
MDN Proactive Lone Worker Monitoring
Teldio’s Man Down Notifier (MDN) is a cost-effective and potentially lifesaving way of detecting if a worker has had a fall or accident. By using MOTOTRBO’s integrated motion sensor, MDN monitors workers by detecting a lack of movement, a horizontal tilt, or both. The application is both reliable and robust, and ready to be integrated into your Lone Worker policy.
We recognize that not all jobs and tasks are completed when standing up-right. MDN parameters are easily customized, and users can quickly set their appropriate point of reference on their radio to avoid false alarms. The application is also intelligent in that it limits the number of false alarms with its parameters.
Feature rich and ready to keep your workforce safe
- Intelligent man down detection algorithms to detect when a worker is in need of help
- Aubidle alarm beacons to help locate workers
- Pre-alarms to allow users to cancel false alarms
- Configurable detection mode that allows users to turn MDN on and off as needed
- Sleep mode to temporarily disable man down detection
- Configurable parameters for motion, tilt, pre-alarm and sleep mode timers
- Automatic emergency notification to the appropriate group when alarms are triggered
- Different communication devices can simultaneously receive the man down alarm notifications
- Complementary operation alongside RBX on the same MOTOTRBO™ expansion card
Enhanced Worker Safety
MDN is an intelligent lone worker safety application that lets employees complete their jobs while monitoring their safety in the background. Customizable parameters allow for a flexible solution that is sure to enhance lone worker safety. MDN automatically sends a notification to response teams or individuals so that when a lone worker needs help, help will come.
Frequent Use Cases
- Utility worker completing a tricky repair in the field
- Security guard on patrol during the night shift
- Maintenance engineer completing his rounds in the facility
Increased Situational Awareness
MDN emits a loud audible audio beacon from the MOTOTRBO™ radio when a man down alarm is triggered. This feature greatly reduces the response time to MDN alarms. MDN uses intelligent man down algorithms to detect the well-being of workers and is calibrated to the reference point best suited for that particular worker and emits a pre-alarm so that workers can cancel the MDN alarm.
Frequent Use Case
- Campus security guards on patrol
- Construction workers completing jobs in hazardous sites
- Worker in lab completing tests with hazardous chemicals
MDN is a software application installed on MOTOTRBO’s expansion card and works hand-in-hand with included ACS software installed on an on-site server. The server interfaces to the radio network using a MOTOTRBO control station (mobile radio) or via direct repeater IP connection. The app proactively monitors mobile workers using their MOTOTRBO’s option board accelerometer and automatically signals for emergency response via ACS when a man down alarm is triggered.
Teldio’s MDN is compatible with all digital MOTOTRBO™ portables equipped with the option board accelerometer in the following radio network modes:
- Simplex Mode
- Repeater Mode
- IP Site Connect
- Capacity Plus
- Linked Capacity Plus
- Capacity Max