Teach Your Old Radio New Tricks – Apps & Non-Display Radios
Many customers see non-display radios as cheaper and easier alternatives for mobile workers. What they probably don’t know is that even non-display radios can be loaded with tons of functionality, thanks to applications!
Here are a few examples of what can be done with non-display radio models when paired with Teldio apps:
- All non-display radios can receive incoming calls thanks to the RBX’s auto-answer mode.
- Radio users can also answer group calls via the PTT button (if TX interrupt is enabled).
- A speed dial button can be programmed to enable users to place outgoing calls to 911 or the security desk (XPR 7000 series only).
- All radios can receive alarms, notifications & work tickets with ACS’s audio alert feature.
- Pre-recorded ACS audio alerts from multiple alarm sources can be sent to talkgroups or individual radios.
- Lone workers with non-display radios can rest assured that MDN is active (XPR 6000/7000 series radios with Motorola option board)
- User settings are programmable, but must be done via the Teldio Programmer app.
- Cancel pre-alarms by power-cycling the radio. [/span5][/row]
- Administrators, Dispatchers and Safety officers can feel confident in knowing all GPS & Bluetooth enabled radios can be tracked indoors & outdoors regardless of the model of radio their staff is using.
- Display, non-display…who cares? As long as the radios are able to broadcast talkgroup audio, the R2R app can record it.
Have some CP200s, XPR3300s or other non-display radios sitting around collecting dust? Breathe some life back into them with Teldio applications. For specific details on what non-display radio models work with each application, please contact us.